Greetings my lovelies and a particularly warm welcome to my new blog that I’m creating (with my very bare hands). This About Me page, arrives 5 days into my jittery voyage so far.
(I say voyage because ‘journey’ is so overused these days it seems cheesy/cringey and voyage is just slightly less cheesy/cringey)
So here we are my fellow passengers. This is me:
- I’m a stay at home Scottish Mum
- I live by the seaside with my ‘Significant Other’ (an oil & gas professional) in sin 😮. I hope you’re not reaching for the smelling salts & clutching your pearls?
- We have never married and we’re ok with that, for now….
- I have decades of parenting fail feathers in my cap (fail feathers not tail feathers. Although I can still shake those too)
- My 4 darling children span 23 years from youngest to oldest. 2 girls, 2 boys and they are all chuffing well awesome.
- I like to LAUGH. I also like to laugh in the face of life’s obstacles (although my blog will be far from doom and gloomy) such as teen pregnancy, divorce & single parenthood. Then, for example, more recently, the cruel disease Vascular Dementia that robbed me of my Mother. My father, my hero, becoming an amputee and stroke victim & my sister having a life threatening tumour which attached to her brain, removed (all 3 of which happened at the same time) happy f*$?#%!g days eh!! But still, I laughed in the face of adversity. That is…..before I succumbed to PND (after having my 4th baby aged 41) I didn’t laugh then but I can sort of laugh about that now, however, I’d like to share my experiences on all of these things with you, over time (as promised, with no doom and gloom)
- My loves are; Music, cinema, reading (whenever humanly possible) and all things foody
- I am an incurable romantic and I shall make no apologies 😍
- I’m sorry
I’d also like to take this opportunity to give my page a rating of PG13 as there shall be the odd occasion, for artistic purposes, that there shall be use of profanity/sweariness.