For those of you who are faint of heart, no need to be alarmed by the connotations of the title but the content I’m about to post reminded me of a joke by a most famous Scottish Comedian, Rikki Fulton (pictured) and one of his sublime characters, the Reverend I M Jolly!
The reverend decides to stop off to visit a massage parlour after a long & gruelling train journey to Glasgow Central. After being rubbed all over with baby oil by a gorgeous woman, she leans in close and says in broken English
“I give you super sex?
To which the Reverend, somewhat shocked replies
“I’ll just take the soup if it’s all the same to you”
The old ones are the best, so they say 😁
So here is where I link to my lovely new super soup recipe sent to me by my gorgeous niece in Canada. She’s just starting out on her own in a new downtown condo in a fashionable district of Toronto and cooking for herself so the ingredients are simple and the results are delicious:
Here’s what you need to fly to the supermarket for:
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 3 large yellow potatoes (cut into small pieces)
- Sour cream
- Grated cheese for sprinkling
Now do this:
- Melt marg/butter in large stock pot, add 4 cups of broth, salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- When it is boiling point, add the potatoes and turn down the hear to medium to simmer.
- Cook potatoes for 20-25 mins until tender.
- Use a hand blender, or carefully add the potatoes/broth mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with bacon, sour cream, cheese or any other toppings of your choice. Perhaps a cheeky crouton if that floats your boat?
Oooooh lovely stuff. Give it a go and remember I’d love to see your results if you do.
Soups Up! 🍵